Friday, April 2, 2010

wait upon

Good Friday, April 2, 2010 (6:57 a.m.)

Everlasting God,

Good Friday morning. Lord, thank You for all this day represents. Your love poured out for us in such a way that could never be appreciated enough.

Thank You for several returns to sleep throughout the night. Many of them accompanied by songs to You.

Thank You for the eagerness with which I awoke just now. Ready to come before You, all the while singing Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord

Lord, what a privilege, what an honor to be able to wait upon You. I turn to You. I depend on You. I wait upon You. And strength will come. Isaiah 40:31, “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

Oh Most Dear and Precious God You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles…You are the everlasting God The everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary… Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

Blessed Lord, how I thank You for all You are, for all You have done. Your willingness to bear our sin and die an excruciating death that wasn’t rightfully Yours so that all our hope and faith and trust can be in You is absolutely priceless. There are no words to even begin thanking You for Your pain, Your obedience, Your willingness.

Because You died, I get to live. Continue teaching me to live each day to Your fullest Dearest Lord. I tend to squander, take for granted, hold tightly all the while You call me to wake up, share, give freely. Keep working in me Lord that I will truly be worthy of Your sacrifice.

I love You so much. Thank You that Strength will (truly) rise as we wait upon You Lord Oh, amen and amen! I love You. Amen.

(351 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment