Sunday, April 18, 2010

apply

Sunday, April 18, 2010 (7:02 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Much of this morning has been spent with Let God Arise singing in my mind. Looking at the lyrics just now I am pleased to think of accomplishing what this song directs. Hear the holy roar of God resound Watch the waters part before us now Come and see what He has done for us Tell the world of His great love Hear. Watch. Come. See. Tell. Lord, I long to do each of these tasks well.

You are such a good and loving Lord. I miss the mark so often when it comes to even begin pointing the direction to You and all You have done for us. Let’s take yesterday for instance…

A B-I-G misunderstanding took place around here. Unkind words were spoken. Cruel tones were used. I considered making a life altering threat. Thank You for intervening on that one! Needless to say, much of a scheduled relaxing day was spent in strife.

Thank You Lord that You had better for us in mind. Thank You that previous time spent in Your Word resulted in what I giggling refer to this morning as “He has an ‘app’ for that!”

Lord, with tears in my eyes, I sit here looking up verses containing the word ‘apply’ and my heart wants to beat right out of my chest! Three of the four listed in the New King James Version are all from the book of Proverbs. 23:12, “Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.” 2:2 says, “So that you incline your ear to wisdom [And] apply your heart to understanding;” 22:17, “Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to knowledge;”

These were the references I was making yesterday when I kept insisting that we have choices to make. We can choose life or death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Be bitter or better.

YOU have done this great work in us Oh Lord! YOU ingrained the wisdom of Colossians 2:7 in me last month. “Plant your roots in Christ and let Him be the foundation of your life. Be strong in your faith, just as you were taught. And be grateful.” (Contemporary English Version)

It’s YOU that kept our heads about us when our emotions were running away. Yes Lord. You do indeed have an ‘app’ for whatever is going on in our lives! Thank You for the presence of mind to continue coming back to the truth of Your Word.

Oh most dear and Holy God how I ask that You would allow me to apply the truth and wisdom of Proverbs 22:17-19 (The Living Bible). “Listen to this wise advice; follow it closely, for it will do you good, and you can pass it on to others: Trust in the Lord.”

The footnote here in my Life Recovery Bible sums it up wonderfully. “God alone is the source of perfect love and truth. It is only by surrendering to Him that we can experience true love and discover how our life should be lived.”

Yes Lord. Yes Lord. Yes! Thank You for loving each of us so much. Continue turning us to YOUR apps. I love You Lord. Amen.

(538 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment