Thursday, April 29, 2010

responsibilities

Thursday, April 29, 2010 (4:12 a.m.)

Revisited (6:37 a.m.)

Hi God,

So I’m a little more awake now than before. Glad to be here. Still humming You alone are the matchless King To You alone be all majesty

Looking up the words I find Your glories and wonders, what tongue can recite? You breathe in the air, You shine in lightand I am grateful, Lord. So very grateful!

Thank You for whatever reason it is that I looked at the clock precisely at 3:33 this morning. Thank You that I used that as my kick-start to find what You may have to say to me this morning.

Much earlier, it was much too early to try to make since of anything. Ah, but God. You are good!

Taking the 3:33 to heart, I searched Your Word to find the first verse with this address. I didn’t have to look too far. I found the first 3:33 in Numbers and stopped there to look around.

What did I find? The word “responsibilities” again and again. Okay. I can accept that. But not as it related to the Levites. So still I looked.

Did You mean singular (responsibility)? Not plural? More searching. All the way over into Isaiah 22. Verses 22-24 speak of the responsibility You will give to Your servant Eliakim, son of Hilkiah. Hmm, okay. I guess.

Oh but look. One column to the left and a paragraph down. Previously underlined and arrowed by me. Starting at verse 8, “God has removed His protective care. You run to the armory for your weapons.” In this chapter Isaiah has a vision where he sees the destruction of the people of Judah. Why? Because they looked at the problem. Verses 9-11, “You inspect the walls of Jerusalem to see what needs repair! You check over the houses and tear some down for stone for fixing walls. Between the city walls, you build a reservoir for water from the lower pool! But all your feverish plans will not avail, for you never ask for help from God…”

I’ve been doing that haven’t I God? I keep looking at the problems, trying to figure out how I’m going to fix them. How will I keep calamity from reigning supreme? When all along what I’ve really needed to do is to look squarely at You. Expecting You to do all for me of that which I can’t possibly do for myself.

Forgive me Lord. Forgive me for just barreling through with responsibilities that I’ve taken on that may not even be my own. I’ve gotten so sidetracked and sideways in my thinking that I no longer recognize up from down. The line between things that are my responsibility has gotten severely blurred (to the point of being practically erased) with those that are not.

Work with me Lord. Work in me. Get me back to the point where I wholeheartedly sing You alone are the matchless King To You alone be all majesty Your glories and wonders, what tongue can recite? You breathe in the air, You shine in the light Lord let me drop the burden of responsibilities I have collected and truly worship You. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(538 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment