Wednesday, April 7, 2010

peace

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 (2:55 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Here I am. Feeling sad. Not knowing where to turn. What to do? Thank You that I get to come to You confessing the fear I have of making mistakes.

Lord, thank You that I don’t have to be afraid. Thank You that You came into this world to give us a peace and a hope. John 14:27. John 12:47. Tired as I am right now, I love the numerical similarity of these two verses. Lord, thank You for the peace that comes to my heart every time I enter Your Word. I love You so much Lord. I’ll be back soon! J

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 (4:56 a.m.)

This is not near as soon as I had expected, but thank You for the added rest I got yesterday. Thank You for the mistakes I did make, including the embarrassment of missing an appointment that was clearly marked on the calendar.

Lord God, thank You for reminding me just now that You indeed are my hiding place, You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance. Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. I will trust in You. Let the weak say, “I am strong in the strength of the Lord.” I will trust in You

Oh yes Lord. I will trust in You! What a gift! What a blessing. What an opportunity. Lord, thank You for the time I keep needing to take to work through this radical change taking place in our lives. Thank You that instead of being afraid of the decisions that need to be made, I can turn to You trusting that You definitely ‘know the plans You have for us. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope.’ (Jeremiah 29:11)

I don’t have to be afraid. I can choose it if I want to, but it doesn’t lead to life in You. Oh Lord, thank You for these years of preparation. Thank You for making me fully aware of Your presence in our lives. Thank You for taking our tiny little mustard seeds of faith and growing them large enough to uproot a mulberry tree and send it hurtling into the sea (Luke 17:6). Thank You that You are behind every ounce of hope and faith we possess.

Lord, I haven’t been feeling especially hopeful the past few days. I have much preferred avoiding, isolating, hiding myself away in plain sight. I have pretended to be fine when I wasn’t. I have not returned phone calls. I’m so pleased that I get to trust in You Dear Lord. I don’t have to be afraid. I truly get to trust in You. Oh Lord. Thank You!

Thank You for allowing me time to feel fearful. Thank You for waiting for me to make up my mind on my own that I no longer want to live in fear. Thank You for prompting me. Encouraging me to choose You.

Thank You that You came ‘to save the world and not to judge it’ (John 12:47). Thank You for ‘leaving us with a gift – peace of mind and heart! And the peace You give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. So we don’t have to be troubled or afraid’ (John 14:27).

Oh Most Blessed God, You give and take away. You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, “Lord, blessed be Your name.”

Yes Lord. Blessed be Your name! Praise You. Bless You. Thank You. Amen!

(594 words ~ 6:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment