Saturday, April 3, 2010

new life

Saturday, April 3, 2010 (7:15 a.m.)

Hi God,

I’m going to lead with “I feel sad.” How’s that? I know. I know. Plenty of people will give me the pass that, given the recent circumstances, sad is an appropriate feeling. Okay. I get it. I won’t judge myself. I’ll feel what I feel until one feeling passes and another one comes along.

Thank You Lord that YOU came along! You came along to give us hope. You came along to give us a firm foundation. You came along to give us a new life. A new life built on faith and trust and obedience to You.

Most Blessed Lord, You calm me. You give me hope. You provide my every need. And I thank You.

Thank You that three weeks ago today You made Colossians 2:7 come alive for me. “Let your roots grow down into Him (Christ) and draw nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all He has done.”

Left to my own devices I will often make choices that are not Your best for me. Thank You that You are willing to be my All-in-all.

See? Even here. I wasn’t sure that this was the phrase I wanted to use to describe You. One click and there was an entire women’s home choir singing in my mind. You are my strength when I am weak You are the treasure that I seek You are my all in all Seeking You as a precious jewel Lord, to give up I’d be a fool You are my all in all Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name Taking my sin, my cross, my shame Rising up again I bless Your name You are my all in all When I fall down You pick me up When I am dry You fill my cup You are my all in all Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name Jesus, Lamb of God Worthy is Your name

Lord, how I thank You for truly being my All-in-all! I make far too many mistakes in and of myself. There is so very much to do these days and what I have been most effective at is avoidance. Please Lord, take me out of the comfort of the confines of my mind and put me back into the game of life. Help me make wise decisions. Help me live this day in ways that truly represent the new life each of us has in You. That precious new life that frees us from the paralyzing chains of fear.

Lord God, I love You. Whether I feel momentarily sad, or mad or bad or glad, I love You through it all. Thank You for loving me far more than I can ever imagine. Grow me Lord with Your strength and vigor that I may fully embrace and wholly live this new life You have called me to.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(524 a.m. ~ 8:26 a.m.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I think I know that womans home choir. I love you lots Tee-Tee and can't wait to come home and see everyone, not just the boy. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete