Tuesday, April 27, 2010

eagerly

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 (6:45 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! I get to keep being honest with You and You continue covering me with the precious blood of Your only begotten Son. Lord, as much as I can’t even begin to understand and fully appreciate that kind of sacrifice, I can come eagerly before You saying, “Thank You”!

Thank You Lord. This morning I come to You eagerly. You are uncovering and shining Your glorious light on so many of our childish ways Dear Lord. Thank You that You don’t just leave us in the midst of our own individual squalor [state of being extremely dirty and unpleasant, esp. as a result of poverty or neglect]. No. You meet us exactly where we are. You take us completely as we are. Hurt. Broken. Filthy. But You don’t leave us there.

No. We reach up to You and You pull us “out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire”. You “set my feet on solid ground” and steady me as I walk along (Psalm 40:2). You did it for the psalmist Lord and You do it for each and every one of us every single time we call out to You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You too that in this very same Psalm, David went from singing Your praises (vs. 3-5) to once again expressing frustration and asking for Your help (v. 17). Such good company I am in Dear Lord!

I don’t have to have every thing figured out before expressing my heart to You. It isn’t necessary for me to tie all situations and circumstances up into neat and tidy bows. No! You will meet me at a lonely pit of despair and “let me stand on a rock with feet firm.”

How can I not come to You eagerly? Thanking, praising, expressing admiration and appreciation. Oh most dear and blessed God, keep me walking in Your will this day. Covered by the sacred blood of Your most precious Son. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(341 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment