Saturday, April 10, 2010

crazy

Saturday, April 10, 2010 (4:54 a.m.)

Beloved Lord,

Thank You! Thank You that even in the early morning hours, when I’m feeling especially alone and beyond myself, You are here. Thank You that I can even use the word crazy to describe how I’m feeling and I find that I am in good company with others from Your Word. Here again, I am not alone.

(7:06 a.m.)

Thank You Lord. Just that little bit of time acknowledging my thoughts and feelings allowed me two more hours of restful sleep. Thank You for always being available to access the roots of our souls.

Lord, there are so many things going on inside my head that sometimes crazy is the best word I can use to describe them. Thank You that even that word is not foreign to You. Thank You that even as I read a verse (2Corinthians 5:14) containing it, I am buoyed once again. “If it seems that we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit.”

As I read more about this section of Scripture, I am thrilled to be reminded that we are called to be Your ambassadors. Lord, I confess that once in a great while I think I do an okay job at that.

When I start seeing myself as a person on the edge of craziness, I want desperately to change. Thank You for reminding me again and again through Your Word that it’s not up to me to change myself.

Reading backwards through the truth of this particular book brings me to verse five of chapter three, “and not because we think we can do anything of lasting value by ourselves. Our only power and success comes from God.” Ah. Thank You Lord!

Thank You that I can rest in the strength of Your power. I don’t have to figure out all the things of which I am afraid. I get to keep coming to You, asking to be enabled to bring glory to You.

Oh and look, verses 16-18 speak of Your glory! Beloved Lord, I can’t thank You enough for allowing me to come before You with the word crazy. Because of that one single thought I am once again singing. Let the glory of the Lord, rise among us…

Yes Lord, Your glory. Verse sixteen says, “But whenever anyone turns to the Lord from his sins, then the veil (of Moses and his people) is taken away.” Thank You Lord. Thank You that just by bringing my crazy heart, soul, mind and strength to You I get to leave with Your Spirit-given life. Verse seventeen, “The Lord is the Spirit who gives them life, and where He is there is freedom [from trying to be saved by keeping the laws of God].” Oh thank You Lord!

Thank You for lifting the veil of doubt and fear which was masked as crazy. Thank You for the hope I find in verse eighteen. “But we Christians have no veil over our faces; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him.” Oh, yes Lord. Oh that I would become more and more like You!

Thank You for letting me bring my crazy thoughts and feelings to You Lord. Thank You for blessing them and turning them into feelings and thoughts of hope and strength and power. I love You Lord. So much. Empower me this day with the presence of Your Spirit. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(600 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment