Saturday, April 24, 2010

promises

Saturday, April 24, 2010 (6:51 a.m.)

Lord,

Help me this day. There is much to do. People to see. Things to take care of. And I turn to You first. Thank You God.

Thank You that in turning to You and Your Word just now, I am reminded of just how many things are not being taken care of in a timely fashion. I have the best intentions, but my follow through leaves a lot to be desired. Lord, I don’t want to be one of those people known for making empty promises. I want desperately to be a woman of YOUR Word!

I confess to You Lord, I don’t know where to begin. All of life doesn’t stop because one person dies. Becoming paralyzed by the fear of making mistakes zaps all energy and fortitude. Thank You Lord that we have Your Word to come back to. We have Your Word to look to, to stand upon. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that in this marvelous Book we find words of hope. There are reminders of people who have faced tremendous odds and grown stronger because of them. Lord, I long to follow their example.

Starting with King David (2Samuel 9:1-9) as he remembered his promise to best friend Jonathan to show Your great kindness to any of his descendants. Thank You Lord for his example.

Thank You especially for the examples You give of always keeping Your promise! Your words to Joshua (1:5-6) promising to “never leave nor forsake” him and calling him to “Be strong and courageous” are heartening to this day.

Thank You Lord that Your Word lives on to bolster and empower each of us, each and everyday. Thank You Lord that Your Word has power and promise. Let me live this day to the best of YOUR ability, Lord. Under the direct guidance, power and promise of Your Word.

I love You so very much Lord. Let that be what I share with others today. Evidence of Your power and promises! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(344 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment