Thursday, April 22, 2010

mistake

Thursday, April 22, 2010 (6:52 a.m.)

So God,

I’m here. You’re wonderful. And I truly don’t even know where to begin! There’s too much to do. Somebody’s gonna get mad. Or hurt. Or sad.

I don’t want to make a big mistake. There it is! I’ve said it. Most Holy Lord, I don’t want to make (and keep making) mistakes.

You are so good. So holy. So perfect. Thank You for that. Thank You that You are all the things I can never be, this side of heaven.

Thank You that every single time I get afraid, of anything, I get to bring those fears right straight to You. I can choose to stay stuck and agonize over circumstances. OR I can come before You, in whatever state I am in.

Thank You that again and again in Your Word we are reminded to “Fear not” and “Do not be afraid”. Through Your followers, we are reminded to “Be strong”, “Take courage”. Thank You Lord.

You sent Jeremiah (7:1) over to the entrance of Your temple to warn the people of Judah about false worship and believing lies. “Once again give them this message from the Lord: When a person falls, he jumps up again; when he is on the wrong road and discovers his mistake, he goes back to the fork where he made the wrong turn” (8:4).

Lord, there are so many things going on. Each clamoring for our attention. All seemingly happening at once. I confess Lord, I have lost my focus. I am currently unable to distinguish between what’s urgent and that which can wait.

And in the midst of my despair I find handwritten notes and index cards from one of Mom’s Bibles. One, written by me, deals with Hebrews 12:1-3, “We are not to look at circumstances but keep our eyes on Jesus! Look at self and you will have doubts. Look at circumstances and you will be discouraged. But look to Jesus – and you will ALWAYS be safe, satisfied and blessed!”

Immediately my heart begins singing O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There’s light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free! Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace And what verse does the hymn reference? Hebrews 12:2! “Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor.”

Lord God, I have gotten so sidetracked! My ability to prioritize is gone. The desire to follow through is not currently available. But look. Backing up just one verse (to verse one) “Since we have such a huge crowd of men of faith watching us from the grandstands, let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back, and especially those sins that wrap themselves so tightly around our feet and trip us up; and let us run with patience the particular race that God has set before us.”

Only with Your help Lord! Isaiah 41:10 (written in Mom’s hand) “Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”

Make no mistake about it Lord! I am trusting You on this!

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(572 words ~ 9:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment