Sunday, November 1, 2009

interesting

Saturday, October 31, 2009 (6:11 a.m.)

Mm ~ Interesting God,

I don’t know that I’ve ever referred to You as ‘interesting’. Holy, loved, wonderful, marvelous and now interesting ~ mm.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 (5:42 a.m.)

Mm. Such contentment is expressed by my soul in every sigh of “Mm”. Lord, how I thank You for the opportunity to come to You again and again in various stages of emotion.

Thank You that as I further explore the only entry I could find for the word interesting (in The Living Bible) I am once again transfixed (caused to become motionless with wonder) by the Preacher/Teacher’s words in Ecclesiastes. I sit in awe and wonder of such a loving God as You. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

Thank You that as I actually expressed my heart’s desire aloud on Friday, I look again to You asking that You would make it so. Lord, I have believed for so long that it is Your purpose for my life that I ‘be a SAFE person who encourages loving You, self and others well’. Following along very nicely in that same vein Lord, I also know that I want to be an advocate for strong, healthy marriages. I have to look to You Lord to show me how You would have me proceed with that.

Too often I have such lofty thoughts and ideas that never take shape or form. But this time Lord, I am bringing them directly to You. Interesting, loving, wonderful You. Mm Lord. Mm.

Again I read the concluding words of Ecclesiastes. The Preacher (described in chapter 12, verse 10 as ‘not only a wise man but a good teacher; he not only taught what he knew to the people, but taught them in an interesting manner’) warned, “Here is my final conclusion: fear God and obey His commandments, for this is the entire duty of man.”

Lord, as I look at the titles of various paragraphs in this book, I sit quietly wanting to absorb them deeply into my soul. ‘Living a Balanced Life’, ‘The Value of Generosity’, ‘The Value of Enjoyment’, ‘Remembering God Right Now’ and ‘Fearing and Obeying God’.

Oh Dearest Lord. Oh, that I would learn, so I could teach. Show me the steps You would have me take to make this happen, Lord. You are such a good and interesting God. Teach me how to reflect and communicate that well.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(408 words ~ 6:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment