Tuesday, November 10, 2009

bountiful

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 (5:30 a.m.)

Beautiful, Bountiful Father,

I love You! How I thank You Lord that just by saying that the next thing I know my heart is singing out bits and phrases of I’m not sure what.

Upon further searching it comes together in We stand and lift up our hands… for the joy of the Lord is our strength We bow down… and worship Him now… how great… how awesome is He. And together we sing… Everyone sing… Holy is the Lord, God Almighty… the earth is filled with His glory…

Oh most Holy and Awesome God, thank You for the bountiful ways in which You bless us. Your Word. Your world. Your plan. Your love. Your hope. Your glory. Your grace. Bountiful gifts that we often don’t even recognize.

Thank You Lord that You don’t give up on us! Your love never changes. You never change. But Your constant love and faithfulness ultimately, intimately changes us. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for Your prophet Jeremiah. You sent him ‘to warn the people of Judah to turn from their sin and denial, and to obey Your good plan for them.’ They didn’t want to hear what he had to say on Your behalf. They mistreated him, even to the point of intense persecution and imprisonment. Lord, he remained faithful to You. Father, thank You for his example to us!

I spent the bulk of yesterday whining and complaining about my current lot. I distinctly heard You calling me to “Come” unto You and then to “Go” share Your hope with others. I didn’t though. I got sidetracked. Lost in the internet. Forgive me Lord.

It is only in You I find my strength. Holy is the Lord, God Almighty… the earth is filled with His glory… It’s rising up All around… It’s the anthem of the Lord’s renown… And together we sing, Everyone sing…

Thank You Lord for lives lived for You. Thank You for Jeremiah’s faithfulness to You, as well as his honesty. I read his complaints (15:10, 15-18) to You and Your promise to protect him (15:11, 19-21). Lord, I am grateful for Your faithfulness.

I turned to Jeremiah (2:7) this morning because of its mention of Your having brought Your people “into a bountiful country, To eat its fruit and its goodness. But when you entered, you defiled My land And made My heritage an abomination.” Lord, how I see us doing that all the time. We take Your goodness and grace so much for granted.

I am again hopeful as I read another of Your promises in verse 9, “But I will not give up on you – I will plead for you to return to me and will keep on pleading; yes, even with your children’s children in the years to come!” Lord, how I thank You for Your persistence! Thank You that You never give up on those You love. Thank You that, as my Life Recovery Bible states, You “will continue to seek us out. As we wander from Him and try to take back control of our life, He lovingly pleads for us to return to Him.”

Oh most bountiful, beloved Lord, thank You for so loving the world (John 3:16)… I love You so much. Help me follow You as and where You lead. Amen.

(558 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment