Monday, November 2, 2009

"blessed"

Monday, November 2, 2009 (4:59 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Blessed Father, Blessed God. There are not enough ‘thank you’s in the world with which I can express my gratitude to You, Dear Lord.

(6:43 a.m.)

Having fallen asleep just sixteen minutes into reading Luke 12 and just now having fully awaken again, Lord I thank You for some added rest. A little more refreshed, I wonder what it is that You would most like for me to take away from this chapter today.

I started with verse 38, “And if he (your Lord) should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch (the midnight hours) and find them so (watching for Him), blessed are those servants.” Oh Dearest Lord, I long to be considered by You a watchful servant ~ a good and faithful, watchful, blessed servant.

And here I confess to You my self-doubts of ever being ________ enough! Lord, I look to You with help in this area. I have been spent (wasted?) decades in self-powered attempts at godliness. How freely I admit to You the very little I know or understand about truly being a good steward of Your blessings.

Ever so humbly I ask You Lord, even as I sit here thinking about all the ways You have already blessed me, to use me exactly as You would today. Allow me to practice being watchful and prepared for Your return. So that I too would be judged "blessed" by You.

I love You, Lord. I thank You. Amen.

(256 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment