Friday, November 13, 2009

Everlasting God

Friday, November 13, 2009 (6:10 a.m.)

Everlasting God,

Mm. Yes. Everlasting God. I like it. My plan was to remain fully pleased with having been awoken (pre eyes open) to my heart, or my soul, or both singing You are the Everlasting God… and then to come right out here to talk with You about expectations, and learning to wait expectantly, with expectancy [that’s a whole lot of expecting! J].

Oh but You are so much better than my plans! Thank You Lord that You are so much better than my plans! Because You are so much bigger (and better) than my plans, I get to read and learn more about Isaiah. Mm. Thank You God!

Words like truth, healing, denial, comfort, hope, judgment, salvation, deliverance, sin, repentance, sufferings, balance, humble love, forgiveness, spiritual growth, faith, blessing and recovery. Mm. Lord, thank You!

Blessed Lord, Everlasting God, how awesome it is for me to read these words as though for the very first time. My heart swells, my face smiles as I read commentary that refers to waiting. “Wait patiently”, “learn to wait for God”, “They that wait upon the Lord…” (Isaiah 40:31) and Lamentations 3:25-26, “The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him, to those who seek for Him. It is good both to hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

Mm. Lord. Thank You. Such comfort. Such peace. Such joy is found in just sitting here contemplating how the words of this internally singing song were inspired directly from Your Word (Isaiah 40:28-31), Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord … Our God, You reign forever Our Hope, our Strong Deliverer You are the Everlasting God, The Everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary… You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles.

Lord, if it be Your will that I ever learn to wait expectantly, so be it. Until then, I genuinely ask that You would teach me to wait upon You… patiently and quietly. I love You, Lord. Amen.

(357 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment