Friday, October 30, 2009

Bountiful

Friday, October 30, 2009 (6:08 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved, Bountiful Father,

Bountiful? Yes. Bountiful! Oh Your Goodness! You never cease to amaze me. Thank You for Your call on my life and for urging me out here to You this morning. Laying in bed for the past few hours, rolling around trying to find more sleep, yet continually thinking of You.

Thank You Lord. Thank You Father. Thank You God. Mm. Your timing is perfect! Having thought that the seasonal placing of the sun no longer allowed me the ‘perfect’ sunrise view from ‘my little window on the world’. Yet here I was again stopped dead in my tracks, with pure awe and adulation! Such beauty. Such color. Such clarity and contrast! Talk about bountiful. You are such a bountiful Father. Thank You Lord!

Thank You for directing me outside to more fully enjoy and appreciate such bounty ‘up close and personal’. The sights, the sounds, the crisp coolness in the air – all such bountiful gifts from You. Thank You Lord.

Thank You also for guiding me to Deuteronomy 16:15 this morning, “For seven days celebrate this festival (the Feast of Tabernacles) to honor the Lord your God at the place He chooses, for it is the Lord your God who gives you bountiful harvests and blesses all your work. This festival will be a time of great joy for all.”

Every single time I’ve started to say, “Oh my goodness” to You this morning I’ve immediately stopped with the thought that my goodness has nothing to do with anything Lord. It’s YOUR goodness! His goodness! Thank You Lord.

Thank You for teaching me a little bit more about Your original plan behind the worship calendar You gave to Moses. Many festivals and holy days “intended by God for rest and refreshment” (The Bible Handbook). You’ve always known us too well, oh Lord.

Thank You for the reminding of these truths You’ve been doing in us around here recently. Just last week Terry and I spoke of the importance of us setting aside one particular day of Sabbath rest and agreed, for now, on Saturdays. And only yesterday we were talking about the renewed sense of rhythm that’s being established around here. It’s You Dear Lord. Blessed, beloved, bountiful You!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for reminders and challenges. And thank You especially Lord for opportunities to share in Your bountiful goodness, grace and love. Help us become better sharers of Your blessings with others. I love You so very much Dear Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(417 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment