Tuesday, November 3, 2009

resolving

Monday, November 2, 2009 (11:48 p.m.)

I’m experimenting here Lord,

Putting you to the test, if You will. Hmm. That doesn’t seem like such a good approach now does it?

Okay. Let’s try this. I love You. I’m still feeling disappointed about the way some things went around here this evening and I’m not able to sleep because of it. So I’m turning to You.

I’ve tried ignoring it. Addressing it. Pretending it doesn’t matter. And the bottom line is harsh words were said in a cutting tone, tears were shed, kinder words were spoken in a gentler manner, but I’m still waiting for the resolution.

Monday is turning into Tuesday even as I tap this out and I am officially turning it over to You now. I love You Lord. Work Your will through this I pray. Amen. (12:25 a.m.)

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 (4:31 a.m.)

After two plus hours of sleep, I’m back to thank You Lord. Thank You for some rest. Thank You for some ideas of working toward resolving our current snag.

Lord, thank You for not even letting me complete the “That’s it! I quit.” thought I was started to have upon awakening. No. You reminded me that I am to “be faithful, even to the point of death” (Revelation 2:10).

Quitting has always come so easily for me Lord. Giving up. Forfeiting. Running for the hills. Those I can do. Sticking around? Standing firm. This is entirely new territory Lord and I need Your help in it!

Thank You Lord that the only verse I can find this morning with the word ‘resolving’ is Exodus 18:22. There, Moses’ father-in-law Jethro is speaking to him of the importance of setting limits, delegating and protecting himself from burning out. “These (capable, godly, honest) men (appointed by Moses) can serve the people, resolving all the ordinary cases. Anything that is too important or too complicated can be brought to you. But they can take care of the smaller matters themselves. They will help you carry the load, making the task easier for you.”

Lord, I read this and the comment relating to it and I know You are speaking to me as well. “This episode (of Jethro’s visit to his son-in-law) reveals that Moses had a difficult time setting boundaries in his life. (Hello? Is it me You’re looking for?) Jethro gave Moses some wise and creative advice, helping him to protect himself from the extensive demands of the people… We need to set appropriate boundaries in our own life, maximizing the use of the time and energy that we have, while also protecting ourselves from burnout.”

Lord, I look to You to teach me how! I’m new at this. Your way is so much better than everything I’ve tried so far. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay (Isaiah 64:8). Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still

As the lyrics continue Lord, I continue seeing more of myself. Wounded and weary, help me I pray…Hold o’er my being absolute sway! Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see Christ only, always living in me!

Oh yes Lord. Live in and with and through me I pray. I love You so much. Thank You for this extended time we’ve had together. And for the way You work things out in my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. I love You with all these, as Jesus commanded in Mark 12:30. Thank You Lord, for letting me practice with You once again. I love You. Amen.

608 words ~ 5:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment