Monday, November 23, 2009

challenge

Sunday, November 22, 2009 (7:02 a.m.)

Much Loved Lord,

Mm. Just to sit here, taking in Your presence is such a gift Oh Lord. To be able to consider all the ways in which You love us is wonderful.

I could try to thank You for all You do and give and are and would never be able to come close. Hmm, I wonder. Could I attempt just for this day to be aware, be alert, be actively seeking physical evidences of Your goodness, Your mercy, Your grace in our lives?

Mm. Yes Lord! That seems like a mighty big challenge. And just for today, I want desperately to be up to the task!

You Lord, deserve my honor, my praise. You already have my love. Teach me to live in and through that love with everyone I come across. I have lived my life in self for so long. It IS going to be quite the challenge, Lord. Ah, but quite the adventure as well!

Lord, I love You so much. Every time I come before You willingly and lovingly, without preconceived expectations, You bless me. Just like now. Daniel 4:34-37 tells of King Nebuchadezzar’s return to sanity after having been ‘driven away from people and ate grass like cattle…’ (v. 33)

Monday, November 23, 2009 (11:42 a.m.)

Most Holy God, How I thank You for the challenge of yesterday. Allow me once again to focus on ‘not only loving much, but well’ (Philippians 1:9 TM). That I would indeed “Learn to love appropriately.”

And as You do this mighty work in me Lord, how I ask that You teach me to more readily and properly honor my mom as directed in Exodus 20:12. Lord, I wholeheartedly confess to You that I don’t know how to do that.

I do things for and with her, but where is the honoring? http://doulomen.tripod.com/sermons/Ex20_12.htm

Lord, thank You for answering me when I take the time to ask. Again I will confess to knowing that I can’t do any of this on my own, without You. Ah, but here comes Connor’s currently favorite verse immediately to mind, “For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power” (Philippians 4:13).

Yes Lord, it will continue being Your strength and power that ultimately teaches me how to honor You by honoring her. Lead me that I would follow. Teach me that I would learn Lord. I love You so much Dear Lord. Help me show You how much by my obedience to Your command. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(437 words ~ 12:28 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment