Friday, November 27, 2009

broken

Friday, November 27, 2009 (8:45 a.m.)

Father God,

You are good! You amaze me. And in You I find peace and love and hope and joy. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that thirty minutes ago I sat down here crying out to You to “help me”. I looked up several Bible verses using those exact words. But You would have none of it. Nope. That was MY agenda!

Yours is better Lord. SO much better!

Yesterday was a pretty easy day for giving thanks. Things went well. People got along. Until…

My feelings took over. I sat. I watched. I listened. I felt. Sad. For other people… Lord, You know my experience with this better than I. That’s why I was going to ask You to ‘help me’. But no. You knew better.

You knew You wanted me to see my brokenness. “It is a broken spirit You want – remorse and penitence. A broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not ignore” (Psalm 51:17).

That’s why You would not let me ignore the singing of Take these broken wings I know, cheesy as it sounds, You continue to speak to me at a level that I can grasp. Baby I don’t understand Why we can’t just hold onto Each other’s hands… Take these broken wings And learn to fly again Learn to live so free When we hear the voices sing The Book of Love (MY emphasis!) will open up And let us in…

The Book of Love! YOUR Book of Love! That’s what we are to be living. YOUR love! Not something we try to manufacture or sustain on our own. No. Your Love! Your absolute and perfect love!

Take my broken wings, Lord. My broken spirit. My broken and contrite heart. And let me learn to fly again through Your Book of Love. Learn to live and love so free exactly as You would have me live and love!

I love You so much Lord. ‘Help me’ do it so much better. In Your Precious Son’s name I pray. Amen.

(344 words ~ 9:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment