Saturday, November 28, 2009

getting better

Saturday, November 28, 2009 (8:50 a.m.)

Mm. Most Holy God,

Father, Friend, Blessed Lord… Thank You for the opportunity to come before You exactly as I am. The words to a Beatles song singing again and again in my mind until I finally looked them up. I’ve got to admit it’s getting better A little better all the time

Lord, I confess to You that I’m far more willing to look up a “Christian” themed song when it sings out to me, than I am a pop cultured one. And look what I would have missed!

My intent here Lord is never to alter the meaning of things to my own understanding. I don’t ever want to imply that what I’m getting out of a specific reading of something is what was actually meant by its author. What would You have me do when I see myself in someone else’s own creativity?

Mm, Lord. I love the contemplation of finding evidences of You in the simplest of places. I have to admit it’s getting better Since You’ve been mine

Truly Lord, I can’t imagine my life without You at the center of it! Me used to be an angry young (wo)man Me hiding me head in the sand You gave me The Word, I finally heard I’m doing the best that I can

I’m convinced The Beatles didn’t have You in mind when they penned this song, but I look at it and my heart just screams “YES! I admit it’s getting better A little better all the time Yes, I admit it’s getting better Since You’ve been mine

Most blessed God I take these words to Your Word (John 11) and read of Lazarus’ sickness and resultant death. I find hope in verse four when You heard that ‘your good friend’ was ‘very, very sick’ and said, “The purpose of his illness is not death, but for the glory of God. I, the Son of God, will receive glory from this situation.”

Oh Your goodness Lord! Oh Your sweet, blessed goodness!

Further along in the chapter, You continued speaking truth to Your disciples and they, right there in Your presence, misunderstood what You were saying. You told them (v. 11) “Our friend Lazarus has gone to sleep, but now I will go and waken him!” And they (v. 12) “thinking You meant he was having a good night’s rest, said, ‘That means he is getting better!’”

We jump to conclusions Lord. I view circumstances through my own limited scope of understanding. How I ask You to improve my spiritual vision Lord that I would continue seeking You in the situations of our everyday life. I love looking to You Lord. Trusting, believing that I’m Getting so much better all the time Because of You dear Lord. Always, only, because of You!

Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(478 words ~ 10 :18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment