Wednesday, November 25, 2009

surprise

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 (5:16 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Thank You Lord. What a nice surprise! Mm, yes! A lovely surprise indeed! The house is quiet. No one else here is yet awake. I get to be alone with just You and Your Word. No outside distractions. Mm. Nice surprise!

Thank You Lord for the eagerness with which I came out here to You. It wasn’t my original plan. This is a time I am genuinely enjoying Your surprise for me. Sadly, I must confess that is not always the case. Too often I moan or groan at a situation I think is not to my liking. Today Lord, I ask that You would help me be grateful and gracious to whatever surprise may come my way.

Mm, Lord. You are so good. You offer us so much joy. How often do I refuse You and Your gifts to me because I just don’t recognize You or them? Help me pay attention to You today Lord.

Again I have turned to Ezekiel. In The Bible Handbook I get to read articles about “Free Will/Human Responsibility”, Your Spirit and Your Glory. Oh most dear and ever providing God, how I thank You for Your generosity and Your grace.

Thank You for redemption and hope. Thank You that we are not called to life in You to live filled with discouragement, despair or disillusionment. NO! You’ve called us to a much grander life. A life lived in You, by You, for You, with You. Why am I always so surprised by Your intense love for each of us Dear Lord?

Your love that is always available, ever hopeful, healing and forgiving. Thank You Lord. Thank You that as I read of Ezekiel’s surprise at the ‘many trees growing on both sides of the river’ (47:7) I am surprised by my own tears.

I read the accompanying comments and insights of Your glory and Your goodness. Lord, I get to be reminded (again!) of Your love and forgiveness toward each of us. Oh how I ask You Lord to work in me this day bringing me ever closer to the me You would have me be. Now that would be a nice and lovely surprise indeed! Thank You Lord, in advance. I love You. Amen.

(379 words ~ 7:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment