Sunday, November 29, 2009

cherish

Sunday, November 29, 2009 (6:25 a.m.)

Lord,

This morning I want to learn how to cherish You. And Isaiah 51 is speaking directly to me about this.

Lord, how I thank You for answering my prayers often before I even know what to ask. My eyes weren’t even open this morning when the song Cherish began singing itself to me.

Cherish is the word I use to describe All the feeling that I have hiding here for You inside Lord, how grateful I am to be able to come here before You wanting nothing more than to learn more about how it is that I am to love and follow You.

This morning I have no hidden agenda. I am here with You because I want to be. I know what everyday holds for me when I don’t first bathe myself in Your presence. You are who I want to pattern myself after. Left to my own devices, my first inclination always is to fear.

Father, thank You that You have so much more to offer me than to continue being afraid. Thank You for having Isaiah ‘confront the people of Judah with their sin and denial and then to inspire them to rebuild their lives based on Your promises.’ Dearest Lord, it is Your Holy Word that allows me to hope each day.

“Listen to me, you who know the right from wrong and cherish my laws in your hearts: don’t be afraid of people’s scorn or their slanderous talk” (Isaiah 51:7). Lord, I grew up being afraid. I desperately feared the thoughts and judgments of others. Truly terrified of not measuring up. Not making the grade.

Thank You Lord that You want us to fear YOU, not others! Thank You that again and again You offer glimpses of Your bigger picture to us. This is not the life of which we are to be focused and concerned. No. It’s our life with You that matters most.

Lord, I am so used to concerning myself with what others think and say about me. Please continue changing that in me. Redirect the fearful energy I have misplaced in caring so much about things that don’t bring or sustain life to practicing more what it really is to cherish You as much as I know You already cherish me.

Change me Lord that I would truly love, honor and cherish You as You so rightly deserve. I love You so much Lord. Help me do it better! Thank You for all You are and all You do on our behalf. I love You. Amen.

(430 words ~ 7:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment