Sunday, November 15, 2009

cease

Saturday, November 14, 2009 (7:28 a.m.)

Mm, Sweet Jesus,

Mm. I think of You and my thoughts and quivers seem to cease momentarily. Then I think I know where we’re going. Oh, but You surprise me. You never cease to surprise me!

I sit here, thinking I know what’s coming next. But no! [Maybe this will be the time I learn to stop jumping to conclusions J]

Lord, thank You for leading me to the word ‘cease’ this morning. Even though I ended up confusing it with the phrase “Peace, be still!” (Mark 4:39)

Sunday, November 15, 2009 (6:23 a.m.)

Yes Jesus. Reading further into that verse, “And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.”

Sweet, Sweet, Jesus. Thank You for the love that You are. Thank You for the peace that You offer. Thank You for the gifts You continue to give.

Lord, I got to wake up again this morning thinking of You. I look around me at all the joy You bring. For so many years I have had immense expectations. I absolutely believed that if I did all the right things perfectly I would end up with everything the way I wanted it to be. Thank You Lord that You can not be manipulated by our whims and fancy.

Thank You that faith in You allows us to grow and prosper in ways we could never imagine. We get to follow after You refreshed, renewed. And in so doing, our fears cease.

Thank You Lord. I have had decades of misconceptions. I honestly thought there could be a series of dots set about just for me and all I had to do was find the sequence and order they were to be in, then follow and connect them and that would be the path to You I was to take.

Today I got to wake up thinking of the blessings that just yesterday brought. Wow, Lord! You were right there in the mix of once again teaching me to trust my instincts and the importance of “speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15).

Most Holy God, my godson and I get to go now to worship You with my brother and my husband because THEY wanted to and coordinated it. Oh Your Goodness, God! Your goodness ordained this! How I take this moment to pause once again and acknowledge that You truly never cease to surprise me!

Thank You Lord! I love You. Amen.

(411 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment