Wednesday, June 27, 2018

"willing to communicate"


Wednesday, June 27, 2018 (6:39 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. We had a couple of very good days. Communication happened. Trust. Respect. Love. Thank You.

We had time to watch little ones growing bigger. All of us learning to communicate. Yes. Such a very key word. Communicate.

Father, I confess I failed miserably the other night at listening compassionately. What I heard as mere complaining was actually a genuine cry for help. I made it so much worse with my own angry words of frustration.

Thank You for the grace You are teaching us to share with one another. Forgiveness and grace led to opening much needed lines of communication. Thank You God.

Now I am in tears. Why? Your Word. It never ceases to show me where I have fallen short. Thank You that I am never left alone in my own poor opinion of myself. Your Word speaks Truth! Thank You Father.

Many translations use the words “willing to communicate” (1 Timothy 6:18) in sharing Paul’s letter to Timothy. Oh how I ask You Father to continue Your work in teaching us the importance of being willing to communicate.

Reading verses 17-19 in the J.B. Phillips New Testament, Paul has “a word for the rich”. He urges Timothy to, “Tell those who are rich in this present world not to be contemptuous [which I was!] of others, and not to rest the weight of their confidence on the transitory power of wealth, but on the living God [YES! Please Father!] who generously gives us everything for our enjoyment. Tell them to do good, to be rich in kindly actions [which I was not], to be ready to give to others and to sympathize with those in distress [of which You made me fully aware]. Their security should be invested in the life to come so that they may be sure of holding a share in the life which is permanent.”

Father, You truly got me out of my own way that night. You enabled me to see the mistakes I was making. And to rectify them. 

We turned to Your Word. We read of family. And forgiveness. Mistakes. And Your love. Oh how we thank You for Your love.

It is that love on which I depend. Your love, more than anything, I long to share this day. Use me exactly as You wish.

It’s supposed to be a day filled with many different families. Empower me in my willingness to communicate as You would have me. I love You so very much dearest Father. Use me. I love You. Amen.
(437 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment