Friday, June 15, 2018

purposefully


Monday, June 11, 2018 (8:07 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Forgive me. I have been intentionally absent these past fews days.

I’ve called on You. Asked Your protection. Accepted Your blessings. And still avoided purposefully coming into Your presence. Yes, please, forgive me Father.

Mm, yes. Thank You Father. You wait for us to come to our senses. You never leave nor forsake us. You wait. We come. You bless. We thank You.

Yes Father. Thank You. We get to come before You. Reading Your Word. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Longing. Hoping. Thanking. Praising. Yes Father. How I praise You!

Looking up the word purposefully I come to a section of Scripture (1 Peter 4: 1-11) entitled Living for God. Mm, yes. Oh that I would truly come to live for You! Yes Father, please.

The Passion Translation (v. 7) tells us, “Since we are approaching the end of all things, be intentional, purposeful, and self-controlled so that you can be given to prayer.”

Our Psalty's Kids Bible introduces this letter from Peter by saying, “1 Peter encourages Christians to keep on believing in Jesus, no matter what happens, and to live the way God wants us to live.” Yes please.

The Message uses these words to encourage us in living purposefully, “Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it [Oh, because it does!]. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless - cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God’s words; if help, let it be God’s hearty help. That way, God’s bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and He’ll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything - encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!” (1Peter 4:7-11).

Oh, yes. Yes indeed!

Holy, Blessed Father God, empower me in living purposefully for You this day. I love You. I need You. I thank You. And I ask You Blessed God, be glorified in, with, by, through and for me this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(390 words ~ 8:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment