Friday, June 15, 2018

the Spirit of God


Tuesday, June 5, 2018 (7:41 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA 
Most Blessed, Holy God,

Good morning. Sleep happened. Dreams happened. Fun had happened prior to both. And my body feels weary.

Thank You Father that I even get to tell You things like this. Yes. Thank You that I can put words to my feelings and seek Your Word to learn more.

Looking up WEARY, I find also WEAKLING. And the encouraging text of Joel 3:10. “Let the weakling say, ‘I am strong!’” Immediately ♪Let the weak say, “I am strong”. Let the poor say, “I am rich”♪ starts singing itself to me.

Quickly finding the lyrics to ♪Give Thanks with a grateful heart Give Thanks to the Holy One Give Thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son♪ reminds me of how important it is to truly give You thanks.

Oh yes Blessed Father. We do give You thanks. Weary or weak, the strength of our inner being comes directly from You. Thank You!

Thank You that reading in the Old Testament (Joel 2:28-32) I am pointed over to the New (Acts 2:16-21) and Peter’s words at Pentecost. The promise of the Spirit of God fulfilled all those centuries later. Such power. Such hope.

I very well may wake up feeling weary rather than rested. Thank You that time spent in Your Word strengthens and empowers me like nothing else.

Use me this day Blessed God. Exactly as You know is best. In Your strength. In Your power. In Your Holy Spirit.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(270 words ~ 8:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment