Saturday, June 23, 2018

getting better


Friday, June 22, 2018 (7:00 p.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I’m fighting a cold. After days of unrecognized symptoms, I realized it at noon yesterday. Thank You Father.

Thank You for time to rest. Recuperate. Convalesce. Yes. Grow strong. Be well. Get better. I look forward to that.

Thank You for a completely unscheduled day. A day to take care. Recover. Be still. Do little. Sit. Rest. Heal.

I leave it to You Blessed God. I can be such a baby. Thank You for the opportunity to truly take time to feel better.

Thank You for the loving husband’s homemade chicken soup. Thank You even for the fuzziness in my head.

I’m just about ready to go lie down again. Before I do, I’m reviewing Paul’s words of Holy Living to the believers of Thessalonica (1 Thessalonians 4:1-12). Thank You Father that Your Word still speaks volumes.

“Regarding life together and getting along with each other, you don’t need me to tell you what to do. You’re God-taught in these matters. Just love one another! You’re already good at it; your friends all over the province of Macedonia are the evidence. Keep it up; get better and better at it” (vs. 9-10, The Message).

As I consider my desire of getting better physically, Father how much more I ask Your help in getting better and better at loving others. Mm, yes. Oh how I do love You. Teach me to love others as You know is best.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(255 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment