Thursday, June 21, 2018

another delightful surprise


Thursday, June 21, 2018 (8:22 a.m.)
Oh most blessed God,

Thank You! My heart is rejoicing and my body is attempting to shake its tenseness. With a civic duty to complete, I had worked myself up into both sleeplessness and fearfulness.

I didn’t want to go. My head is still throbbing from the out-of-my-usual-comfort-zone routine.

Thank You Father for the reminder. In the midst of not sleeping and thinking uncontrollable thoughts, I started singing ♪Trust in the Lord With all your heart And lean not on your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct Your path♪ (Proverbs 3:5-6). Thank You Father.

Parts of another verse kept creeping into my thoughts. “Don’t worry about what to say… Just say what God tells you to” (Mark 13:11). And then I remembered to prepare to be delightfully surprised.
(9:53 a.m.)

So here I am, with far less sleep than I would have preferred, thanking You for delightfully surprising me. Again!

Rather than planning ahead what I would or would not say in a courtroom setting, I honestly, openly and willingly answered questions set before me. Finished in one area before being sent to another, I was beyond relieved to being pronounced, “Excused.”

Thank You God. I tend to make monumental mountains out of the tiniest of molehills. Thank You that You are ever here reminding us not to do that.

Your Word calms. It soothes. Reminds us to trust You and not our own understanding. Being directed, “When you are put into their hands, do not be afraid of what you are to say or how you are to say it. Whatever is given to you to say at that time, say it. It will not be you who speaks, but the Holy Spirit” (The Message). Praise You Father for Your tender care of each of us.

The Life Recovery Bible comment in Mark 13:1-20 tells us of this section, “The Olivet discourse (1-37) speaks to the all-too-human preoccupation with the uncertainty of the future… We may worry about… As we face an uncertain future, we are encouraged to live one day at a time. God makes it clear that despite our trials, we should not worry. If we entrust our life to God, His Spirit will be with us during our difficult times. Recovery [read here as LIFE] is never easy, but it is always possible with God’s help.”

Amen! You helped me today Dearest Dad. You relieved my fears and afforded me extra time to spend as I decide. Thank You.

Thank You for time to catch up. With people. Tasks. Projects. Guide and direct me in the choices I have for how best to use this as yet to be decided valuable, delightfully surprising, gift of undetermined time.

Thank You Father. I confess to still feeling dazed and stunned by the outcome. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(11:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment