Friday, June 15, 2018

God's power


Monday, June 4, 2018 (7:50 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. Good sleep followed a very good day. Guide me in Your Word this morning that I may again have the strength and courage to glorify and enjoy You.

Yes.

And oh Your goodness. Not five minutes after asking I am reading Psalm 34. David’s words, speaking of Your power. Mm, yes. Your power.

“I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are discouraged take heart. Come, let us tell of the LORD’s greatness; let us exalt His name together” (Psalm 34:1-3).

Thank You Father. The more I read in Your Word, the more I want to read. Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us that David was granted protection at a time when he had acted unwisely. Can’t we all relate to the need of Your power? Especially when we act unwisely!

That’s me. Such a large majority of the time.

What a blessing to be able take off our old manner of life (Ephesians 4:22). “And then take on an entirely new way of life - a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces His character in you” (vs. 23-24, The Message).

Mm, yes Father! You at work in us. Getting rid of the old and renewing our spirits. Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You.

Yes. Here again I get to read of Honesty (Ephesians 4:12-27, The Life Recovery Bible) and Living as Children of Light all because David was honest in his need of Your power. Thank You Father.

Let me use Your holy power in praising You and sharing Your Good News with others this day. Yes please. Make it so that glorifying and enjoying You would be my main goal of the day. Let all I think, say, am and do be filtered through this “chief end”. Yes Father, please.

I love You. I thank You. Let me worship and adore You as only You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(371 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment