Wednesday, June 20, 2018

committed, consecrated love


Wednesday, June 20, 2018 (6:37 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

We were able to celebrate a fourteen year marriage yesterday. With the offspring of the couple.

What a blessing to give their parents time to celebrate their commitment to one another. And upon their arrival home to have their eldest announce, “Best anniversary ever!”

I’m going out on a limb here when I wonder if he even knows what an anniversary is. Thank You for the examples that You set in place that will teach him and others of the value of committed, consecrated love.

There’s a mouthful. Committed, consecrated love. Talk with me more about that will You?

Searching, I found a book entitled Sacred Marriage that piques my interest. Looking further I read more about the consecration of marriage. Father, how well we remember the songs of consecration that were sung that day, fourteen years ago.

As I look in Your Word for a verse on which to stand this day, I come back again to Psalm 145:4. “Let each generation tell its children of Your mighty acts.” These parents are doing that for their kids.

To the point that their four year old couldn’t understand why a raggedy looking vagrant was forcefully told to leave a fast food place. His question, “Why wouldn’t they just be nice?” brings tears to my eyes as I think of his innocent, compassionate wisdom.

Blessed Holy God, how I thank You for the example this couple’s committed, consecrated love shows to others. Family. Friends. Acquaintances. Strangers.

More important than their love for one another, it’s their love for You that has been paramount from the beginning. Thank You for the opportunity of witnessing their joy and excitement through these many years.

Yes! “Let each generation tell its children of Your mighty acts.” Thank You Father. Use us this day exactly as You know is best. We love You, Dad. Thank You. Amen.
(323 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment