Saturday, June 16, 2018

buoyed


Saturday, June 16, 2018 (6:35 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Work in me this day. With, by, through and for me. You have blessed us so incredibly much. I know this. Yet still I mope. Grouse. Whine. Complain.

I never understand it. I get to come to You. Read Your Word. Become buoyed by Your Truth and Your promises. Then a fearful thought comes along and I build on it instead of Your Truth.

Thank You Father that we have You. Your Son. His Holy Spirit. Your Truth. And promises.

Hebrews Chapter 10:19-39. A Call to Persevere and that’s what I do. Most mornings I come to You. Turn to You. Look to You. Ask Your wisdom. Seek Your guidance. Knock at Your door of blessings. Persevere.

And You provide. Courage. Comfort. Company.

Father thank You. I am asking this morning for a sense of being necessary and effective. Reading these verses in Hebrews, the one that stands out most for me is 23.
(12:32 p.m.)

Father, thank You for a morning filled with conversation. Fellowship. The sincerest example of moral support between a decades old friendship. Thank You for being such a huge part of our time together.

Wow! Wonder of wonders. Having read in Hebrews 10 before leaving, I realize we actually just lived verses 22-25. We truly were buoyed by Your Truth and promises.

“So let’s do it - full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps His Word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching” (The Message).

Holy God, thank You! We truly do love You. Be with us this day as we set out to go on to our next adventure. Oh how we thank and praise You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(337 words ~ 1:06 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment