Friday, June 15, 2018

A.R.G.H.


Thursday, June 14, 2018 (7:01 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You! Thank You that I can be THIS upset and still want to come say, “Thank You”.

Thank You for minor irritations [this time… ants!] and the ability to address the problem more calmly than in the past. Some might even say, “in a cultured manner”.

Thank You Father. Thank You for learning better than to rant and rave, stomp my feet and stir myself up into a tizzy. Thank You for a step back. Several deep breaths.

Thank You that as I thought of all the people with whom I could vent this current annoyance, You led the list. Thank You Father. Thank You Friend!

“A.R.G.H.” serves me well. Always Revere God’s Holiness. You taught me the importance of that years ago. I am still calmed by it. Thank You Father.

This morning I can even smile as I play around with other possibilities. “Ants Really Got Hold” Or Hammered. Or Hungry. Hot! That’s it. Ants Really Got Hot!!! Thank You Father.

Through it all, You are still holy. And I am to always revere that Truth! Thank You Father.

Two very different sections of Scripture pique my interest this morning. Deuteronomy 7:25-26 and Psalm 97:12. There is mention of Your holiness in both.

Holy God, I long to live the life You would have me live. Obedient. Joyful. Holy. I look to You to continue the work You have begun in me (Philippians 1:6).

Yes Father. Going deeper into this book and chapter I remember the prayer I asked of You “on the fly” yesterday. Holy, holy God, teach me to love well (v. 9). I absolutely love much. Teach me most Holy God to love well. As only You would have me love.

As I go off into this day earnestly seeking to Always Revere God’s Holiness, thank You for the chuckle You gave me once I realized Ants Really Got Hot. You are such a good and holy heavenly Father.

Use me as You wish this day. For Your good and for Your glory. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(364 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment