Sunday, August 16, 2015

trick or Truth

Saturday, August 8, 2015 (8:08 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for little delights. Like the time stamp just now being 8:08 on 8/08. I remember seeing 10:01 and 11:11 last night. Little things that take my mind off bigger things.

Most Holy God, You amaze me. You honestly never cease to amaze me. Thank You for Your unwavering standard. It doesn't change. You don't change. In You, on You we can fully trust and depend. Thank You!

I confess, my emotions are all over the board these days. Big changes could be coming. The biggest word in that statement is could. Might. Maybe. We don't know for sure. There are test results over which we have no control.

I's are being dotted. T's crossed. And the final outcome is still unknown. Thank You that we have You to turn to. I could easily fall into fretting. Stewing. Losing sleep. Getting worked up. Thank You that Your call to us is so much more effective. Right back to Philippians 4:6.

You are the best Father. The absolute best! Looking to You I get to be delighted by little things. Like time stamps. A news story about a six year old orphan (Jaden Hayes) seeking to bring smiles to the faces [and hearts!] of others.

Blessed God, thank You. I get to read Your Word. Turn it It. Trust It. Depend on It. Waking up this morning I thought of how easily I am tricked. Misled. And every time I remember I can look to Scriptures to right my crooked focus.

Searching the word trick, I came to 1 Thessalonians 2:3.

No comments:

Post a Comment