Sunday, August 16, 2015

2 Corinthians 11:3

Monday, August 10, 2015 (6:39 a.m.)
Hi God,

' morning. How's it goin'?

Thank You that we are allowed to be as formal or as casual with You as we are. And with that thought expressed, I wonder if it's even true?

I love You. That's a fact. Pure and simple. Mm. How many things in our lives are complicated?

Blessed Father, I love the way I can come before You with one thought and end up going in a completely different direction. My thinking was of the casualness with which I originally began this and the next thing I know I'm reading Paul's words to the church at Corinth.

“Pure and simple” led me to 2 Corinthians 11:3 where I get to read the apostle's concern “that the Corinthian believers would replace their faith in Jesus with a false faith” (The Life Recovery Bible). Most blessed God, thank You that Your Word never fails. It doesn't change. It stays the same through the ages. Yea! Thank You.

Yes. My approach to You this morning began casually enough, but the love and devotion with which I come is anything but.

Paul spoke of his concern that the wits [minds, hearts, thoughts, senses] of Your believers would be corrupted [seduced, tricked, led away, deceived, beguiled, fooled] as was Eve's by the craftiness of the snake. Father, thank You that Your Word stands firm. Unchanged.

I ask You this morning to keep my heart. My thoughts. Devotion. Solely Yours. Pure and simple. Sincere and pure. Single-minded love and pure devotion (The Voice). Simplicity and purity. Clean, pure. Simpleness. Pure and undivided. True and pure. Single-hearted. Complete. Honest and sincere. Genuine and innocent.

Yes Father, keep me and use me as You wish this day. I love You and I long to serve You. Well. Thank You. I love You. Purely and simply! Amen.

 (312 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment