Sunday, August 16, 2015

settling, in a good way

Sunday, August 16, 2015 (7:27 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You!

A deep, cleansing breath. Time to sit. Regroup. Think. Consider. Settle in. Settle down. Hmm. Another deep breath. And settling, in a good way.

Searching Your Word for references to settling I stopped promptly at Deuteronomy 8:12. The Life Recovery Bible's title for this chapter is A Call to Remember and Obey. Illustrated Bible Handbook labeled it, “Love as remembrance''.
(11:17 a.m.)

Oh Your goodness God! Oh, Your great and glorious goodness!

Thank You for reminding me to come back here and finish what we started. A time taken out for a church service online was immediately followed by getting back to work. Taking care of business. Becoming instantly irritated and annoyed by a very simple misunderstanding.

Father, thank You for reminding me that all the curse words in the world would not make anything better. It's only when I take a deep breath and breathe You deeply into my being that I will settle down.

How awesome are You that You would provide for me in advance of my need! That is Your nature. I am called to remember and obey. Ire. Being irksome. Getting worked up does not benefit Your best for us.

Settling down. Settling in. Remembering Your blessings. Breathing deeply. Reading Your Word. Being reminded by Moses' words to the people of Israel that I am not to forget You and all You have done for us.

Blessed Father, thank You for the Truth found in Your Word. Thank You for the privilege of reading this meaningful and important chapter. Thank You for the opportunity to take Its lessons off of the pages and into our day.

Stay here with us Lord. Teaching, guiding, infusing us with Your love. We DO love You and one another. Help us show that through our actions. Our words. Our attitudes. And our choices.

Use us well this day I pray Oh Lord. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(330 words ~ 12:08 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment