Tuesday, August 18, 2015

laugh and be happy

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 (7:10 a.m.)
Awesome God,

I fell back into the trap of comparing myself with others yesterday. Thank You for reminding me that You delight in me. Me. Just the way I am. Wow! What a difference that made.

Blessed God, I saw the change in my demeanor the moment I said out loud, “But God delights in me.” Thank You that right in the middle of berating myself for all the things that I am not, You reminded me that I am Your child.

Thinking of the children and circumstances that cause my heart to smile, I allowed myself to believe You smile over me as well. Such an interesting thought. While I may far too often see myself as a fraud or a failure, You are merciful, kind and loving in Your judgments of me.

Turning to Your Word this morning to substantiate my thinking, it is the words of Your prophet Zephaniah that cause me to smile, nod my head and hope. Reading the book overview in The Life Recovery Bible I see myself in the first two words. “If only...”

I read on. And it's verse 17 in chapter 3 that truly allows me to hope in You. Good News Translation says, “The LORD your God is with you; His power gives you victory. The LORD will take delight in you, and in His love He will give you new life. He will sing and be joyful over you,”.

Blessed God, I get to choose to believe. And I do! Easy-to-Read Version tells us, “The LORD your God is with you. He is like a powerful soldier. He will save you. He will show how much He loves you and how happy He is with you. He will laugh and be happy about you,”.

You will “laugh and be happy” about me! Wow. Thanks. I needed that! Empower, embolden, enable me to use Your Truth well this day. I love You. And I want it to be evident as I go out into the goings on of the day.

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(350 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment