Saturday, August 29, 2015

swirling

Sunday, August 23, 2015 (6:46 a.m.)
Holy God,

My mind continues swirling. Thank You that I get to bring You every single emotion that comes along.

I became plagued by the 'woulda/coulda/shoulda's yesterday. They kinda of took on a life of their own.

Thank You that YOU are bigger, greater, stronger than all of my gloom and doom filled thoughts. Thank You that I can choose to give in to them OR turn to You asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) Your will and Your way.

Last night before falling asleep I asked You for “grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”

Blessed God, I confess we have been here before. The heartbreaks of others continue to take their tolls on me. And then I read about the book of Jonah. The Life Recovery Bible tells us, “But Jonah would rather have died than obey God's command.”

How often do I seem to fit that description?

Oh, but the more I read


No comments:

Post a Comment