Sunday, August 16, 2015

perspective

Thursday, August 13, 2015 (8:06 a.m.)
Blessed, Loving God,

Thank You. Thank You that You are good. Thank You that You are holy. Thank You that You loving. And that You call us to love.

I confess. I don't always do it well. Much? Yes. Well? Not always.

Blessed Father, thank You for making us Your own. Thank You that we have Your Word to turn to. To count on.

My thoughts run wild this morning. There is SO incredibly much to do. I could spend forever just trying to sort it all out.

Thank You that I get to take time away from the self created chaos around here to ask YOU how best to proceed.
(2:14 p.m.)

Mm, Father. Thank You. Thank You for some much needed perspective. Thank You for teeny, tiny baby steps that still take me toward progress being made.

Thank You that I get to look to You. To Your Word. And then do just enough in any given direction to recognize that You are here. In the midst.

Time together in the pool with a preschooler loving to play “Ring Around the Rosies” and actually taking a big breath and “all fall down”. I swear Dearest Dad, it never gets old! No matter how many times, with which different people, watching others getting comfortable and confident in and near the water is as fresh and exciting as it ever has been. Thank You.

Thank You for this gift You have allowed me. This innate desire to help others want to love the water as much as I do.The philosophical side of me leans toward likening it to loving You. Learning to rest. Relax. Trust. Believe. Acclimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment