Sunday, February 1, 2015

A New Hiding Place

Super Sunday, February 1, 2015 (8:28 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

You are good. It's bright and nice outside. And I'm not feelin' it. I should. I'm supposed to. I even want to. So I'm coming to You. The Creator of all.

Today I am plagued with doubt. Guilt. Ugly feelings. The things I am thinking are twisting and turning and not leading me to the foot of Your cross.

I know I am blessed. I absolutely believe that beyond all shadow of any doubt. And I know You are good. Holy. Perfect. Loving. Kind.

Father, I ask You to help me look at You. Your Truth. Your promises. All You are, instead of what I am not. There's a dance, a struggle going on within me. I have learned through the years that there is growth in the struggle. I am asking You to grow me.

Grow me as You wish.
(9:38 a.m.)
Hmm. And here You do just that!

Father, thank You. Struggling. Twisting. Turning. Wanting. Knowing. Trusting. Believing. Seeking. Following. Reading. Singing. Praising. All these things I cannot do on my own. I need You to guide me. Losing myself in the struggle of it all. I find You. A New Hiding Place.

2 Samuel 22:1-33 tells of King David's recognition of Your hand in his life. He knew full well it was always You who were sovereign. You who's “way is perfect”, who's “promises prove true”. You who is “a shield for all who look to Him for protection” (v. 31).

I get to be honest with You. I get to ramble. Make very little sense. And You accept me. You know my heart (Acts 15:8). You know my every thought (Psalm 139:2). I don't have to pretend with You. I get to be as real as I possibly can be. And You love me in spite of myself.

Thank You Father. Thank You that in being honest I get to be reminded that You ARE my hiding place! You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance; Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You♫ (Psalm 32:7).

In acknowledging Your Truth, I get to read this psalm of David's honesty. I am encouraged to be real with You. Confess my inability to praise You as I ought. And ultimately come to rejoicing!

Thank You that I “do not [have to] be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control” (v.9). In confessing my inability to praise You as You so rightly deserve, I am able to revel in the fullness of verse 11.

Hear very simply from The Message, “Celebrate God. Sing together – everyone! All you honest hearts, raise the roof!”

You do for me, with me, by me, through me ALL that I am unable to do and think and feel and want for myself. You provide the ability of praising, rejoicing, being glad and shouting for joy. All for the asking.

Thank You Father. Thank You for being the Hiding Place I need to refresh, regroup, revive so I can once again rejoice.

Yes! Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, rejoice! It's bright and nice outside. I see it. I appreciate it. And I thank You for all of it. Bless You Precious God. Bless You. Praise You. Thank You. I love You. Amen!

(565 words ~ 10:57 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment