Friday, February 6, 2015

a threat and Your Promises

Friday, February 6, 2015 (8:48 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! I get to sit here reading Your Word. Looking. Searching. Digging. Wanting. And being blessed with every find.

Father, there is so very much I don't know. I don't understand. And at the strangest times... like in the middle of a dream... Your Truth rings out loud and clear. Here again was the unexpected singing of I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, “This is day that the Lord has made!” I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

The other day a three year old taught us a lesson on being upset beyond words and his ability to work through the emotions involved. Wow! Talk about “a little child will lead them” (Isaiah 11:6b).
(10:36 a.m.)

And here again, the mental illness issue mentioned yesterday comes into play.

Lord God, I'm scared! I look to You and know that I am not supposed to be afraid. I'm confessing fear to You right now. Fear of doing nothing. Fear of overstepping a line. Fear of the unknown. I've chosen trustworthy people with whom to share this fear. People with personal experience with mental disorders. People who have been homeless. People “in the know”. Doing nothing doesn't appear to be an option. Saying something is necessary. Please guide and direct me.

Blessed Father, help is available. Help in so many different guises. Guide us where we need to go to help someone who clearly “poses a threat to himself and to others”.

As I sit here considering a threat made in desperation, I am reminded of Your promises. “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them [the inhabitants of the Promised Land]! The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you... Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord is the one who goes before you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).

I trust You Father. Guide and direct us to YOUR best. Your will. Your way. I love You. I depend on You. All this I ask in Your Son's most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(385 words ~ 11:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment