Wednesday, February 18, 2015

the shirt off his back

Ash Wednesday February 18, 2015 (6:17 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy Father God,

Thank You! There was a trip. A fall. Blood. The kindness of a stranger. And literally, the shirt off his back.

Blessed Father, how I thank You for Your hand in the events of yesterday. A missed step. A gash. Paramedics. An ambulance ride. The emergency room. And again, the kindness of strangers.

You were there Lord, orchestrating the whole thing. None of us seemed at our best from the get-go. There were irritations. Irksome annoyances. And thoughts of us all getting better.

Father, how I thank You for the health of my husband. Thank You that he kept his wits about him. Thank You that even in the midst of the mishap he instinctively knew exactly what to do. Apply pressure to his wound. Pay attention so as not to pass out. Even lean a little forward and not ruin his shirt.

Seriously Dad, I thought I was at my rope's end prior to his call. Just keeping the grandchildren safely entertained. And then... chaos! Crisis. Confusion. Fear. Oh, but You did not give us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:9).

And now the tears. Finally. I knew they would come. I was sure it would be today. I just didn't know when. Or why.

Last night, sleep wasn't quick or easy. Thoughts and songs to You helped. Our God is an awesome God He reigns from heaven above With wisdom, power and love Our God is an awesome God not only kept me company but fed me Truth as well. Wisdom, power and love helped me think of Paul's words to Timothy, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and love and a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).

Oh Praise You Father! I didn't know what I wanted to “give up” for You this Lenten Season. How about being afraid? What could possibly honor You more? Rather self serving though I would think.

Work in me this Lenten Season. Grow me into the woman You would have me be. Teach me to honor You as You so rightly deserve.

You truly ARE an awesome God who reigns from heaven above With wisdom, power and love Let my decisions, actions and attitude reflect You well.

And Father? Bless the shirtless, nameless to us but not to You, 911 caller from yesterday REALLY well. Thank You for ALL the variables that took place in keeping my loved one safe. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(426 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment