Saturday, February 7, 2015

nonetheless

Saturday, February 7, 2015 (6:36 a.m.)
WOW!

I love starting out with “Wow” to You! Thank You Father. I nearly missed another opportunity to be wowed by You. One minute the sky was blue and a cloud ordinarily white. And the next? Orangish pink! It didn't last. Here one moment. Gone the next. But beautiful nonetheless.

Mm. Nonetheless. Your Word even speaks to this. “In its quest for national recovery, Judah sought help from Egypt, not from God” (The Life Recovery Bible comment for Isaiah 30:1-5). “Nonetheless, the Lord is waiting to be merciful to you, and will rise up to show you compassion. The Lord is a God of justice; happy are all who wait for Him” (Isaiah 30:18).

How often do we go about on our own, trying to figure things out for ourselves? In our power. Our own strength. Thank You that You are so much bigger than we could ever hope to be.

You amaze me Father! You never cease to astound me. I come to You practically blank. No idea where in Your Word to look. A momentary color in the sky. A single word and I'm suddenly reading deeply in Isaiah. Chapters 28-31. Principles of Judgment.

There are warnings. And promises of blessings. Words of futility. And an assurance of Israel's Ultimate Deliverance (Chapter 32). Father, I can't thank You enough. You absolutely know what You are doing. We are to trust and follow You. Keep working in each of us that we will do exactly that.

Thank You for that earlier moment of “Wow!” in the sky that ultimately led me to the supreme awe I have found in Your Word this morning. Peace. Hope. Trust. Willingness. Do with us all that You must to make us truly Yours.

I love You Father. I trust You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(309 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment