Monday, February 2, 2015

thankful and joyful praise

Monday, February 2, 2015 (7:14 a.m.)
Holy, merciful God,

Thank You. Thank You for all that You are.

Thank You that I get to come before You this morning wondering how best to praise You. Thank You that when I ask You provide for that request. Thank You for the numerous times that You have provided (Philippians 4:19) before I've even thought to ask.

Thank You for songs of joy and love. Thank You for hymns of praise. Thank You that “You are my strength” (Psalm 18:1). Thank You for the desire to sing Praise the name of Jesus, Praise the name of Jesus. He's my Rock, He's my Fortress, He's my Deliverer, In Him will I trust. Praise the name of Jesus (Psalm18:2).

I watched You work in and through me yesterday. Formidable tasks I had previously been unable [unwilling?] to even begin where completed in a timely, well ordered fashion. That was absolutely YOU, not me.

Thank You God. Thank You that I thought to ask for what I wanted. Thank You that in the midst of the one hiccup of the evening I had Your presence of mind to go back out and seek resolution. Praise You Father. Praise Your holy name!

Reading through The Celebration Hymnal I feel honored. Awed. I am given the resources to truly praise You. Beginning with the very first hymn and continuing on for pages. Each offering a twist, a different level of praise.

I ask You most loving, providing Father do in and with, by and through me all that You desire this day. I long to praise You appropriately. Abundantly. Truly teach me to Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness; Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!

Use us exactly as You wish this day Blessed Father. We love You and long to serve You. Well! Thank You Father. Bless You. Praise You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment