Friday, February 13, 2015

setting the pace

Friday, February 13, 2015 (7:30 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Waking up from not great sleep had me asking You first off to set our pace for the day. Coming here to You, I was immediately directed to Romans 3:27-28 in The Message. Father, thank You for being so intimately involved with every aspect of our lives.

Reading this section makes me again aware of the incredible blessings You provide us. Once we were lost, now we are found (Luke 15:32). By You. Saved by Your goodness and Your grace (Ephesians 2:8).

I get to sit here cross referencing this thought with that verse and an occasional hymn. My heart smiles. And hope overtakes my thinking. Thank You for all You are. And all You do on our behalf.

Thank You for leading me again to the foundation of You setting our pace. “God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin. Having faith in Him sets us in the clear... God sets things right. He also makes it possible for us to live in His rightness... What we've learned is this: God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does. We've finally figured it out. Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting Him set the pace, not by proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade” (Romans 3:25-28).

Hmm... what a glorious thought! You setting the pace; me not running the parade. Yeah. I like it! Make it so Blessed Father. Make it so! Use me as You wish. Set our pace. Thank You Father. We love You. Amen.

(274 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment