Friday, February 20, 2015

friends

Friday, February 20, 2015 (7:29 a.m.)

(7:43 a.m.)
Holy God,

It's my friend's birthday. I noticed the moment I entered the date. What a good God You are! Thank You for all Your Word has to say about friends.

I get to sit here and read translation after paraphrase after other words pertaining to Proverbs 17:17. All written with the same core Truth. “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity” (KJV).

In this particular instance the word “brother” reads “sister” to me. Father, You are so generous to bind us together in Your love (Colossians 3:14). Yes. YOU are responsible for the love that unites us with one another.

All we are, all we have is because of You. Empower us each to use well the gifts You provide this day. Yes. This day that You have made (Psalm 118:24). This day that is perfect for celebrating dear friends and loved ones.

Thank You Father. Thank You for my sister/friend who truly “loves regardless of the situation” and “exists to share the tough times” (The Voice). Thank You for uniting us in You. Bless her well this day. In ways we can't even hope to imagine.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(209 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment