Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Secret of Contentment - God's marvelous love

Saturday, January 31, 2015 (7:27 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I get to read Your Word. Paul's words. Other people's words. And I get to wonder. And wander. Think. Ponder. Dig. And wonder some more.

Where would You have me this morning Blessed Father? Again I am reading Paul's letter to the Philippian believers. I read phrases like, “wholeness of life”, “genuine joy”, “secret of contentment”. Solid concepts.

Mm. “The secret of contentment” it is! Holy Father, there is MUCH written about this. So much more than I could ever hope to learn. Ah, but then comes Your Truth. It's all about You. Your power made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Father, thank You that You are all that You are. Thank You for the way You have of going about getting our attention. Thank You that in all the things I can't do on my own, You are here for the asking.

For all the wonders and wanders I've done so far this morning, thank You for bringing me back to Your Truth. Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Empowering. Ephesians 3:14-21, “When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty strength through His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as You trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love...”
(10:44 a.m.)

Yes Holy God! May our roots go down deep into the soil of Your marvelous love. Your marvelous love...

Father, You know the conversations of the last few hours. Conversations filled with unknowingly caused hurts and pain and estrangements. Situations and circumstances we don't understand and wonder about. Occurrences that You are privy to.

You know all that we do not. You know Your plans. They ARE plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them” (Romans 8:28).

Blessed Father, I am praying Your Truth on behalf of my friends, as well as myself. It IS in You we trust! You and Your marvelous love.

Picking back up at Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Empowering, “And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God” (vs. 18-19).

Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May He be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen” (vs. 20-21).

Most Holy and Loving God, You know full well all You are doing. We trust You and Your “dynamic and unlimited love” (The Life Recovery Bible comment). “Paul prayed that his friends might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God's love.” That is my prayer as well blessed Lord.

You know what You are doing. We trust You. We love You. And we thank You, Father, how we thank You. Do all You must in and with, by, through and for us. We love You. Thank You so very much. Amen.

 (623 words ~ 11:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment