Monday, February 23, 2015

a balanced view

Monday, February 23, 2015 (6:20 a.m.)

(6:37 a.m.)
Rejoicing is the goal. Refusal is the reality.

Hi God,

Something's missing. Gratitude. Gratefulness. Generosity of spirit. Yes Father. Speak to me this morning on this.

It's beautiful outside. Quite gorgeous actually. And yet I'm choosing to growl. Grouse. Grump. Scowl. Change me right where I sit, I pray.

You are good. Perfect. Wonderful. Generous. I am made in Your image (Genesis1:27). Mm. Thank You Father.

Finally. Heartfelt, honest gratitude. Thank You for reminding me of Truth. Your Truth. Thank You that even [especially?] when I think the worst of myself, You remind me that You created people in Your own image.

Thank You that in turning to again read about the beginning of creation, my attention was caught by the Self-Perception devotional on the side of the page. Father, thank You for Your lead in my life.

Thank You that when I can't manufacture praise to You on my own, You guide me to what You have for me. “If we have lived in bondage to our compulsive behavior for a while, we probably see more bad than good inside us” (The Life Recovery Bible recovery principle devotional). Hello! You know me so well.

I read Truth about You and myself and I am even more appreciative to You for the smiles You provide me. Just looking outside at the drop marks in the puddles caused by the rain elicits an automatic grin.

Reading more under Self-Perception, I am reminded that along with the bad we may think of ourselves, “we need a balanced understanding... to see that along with our bad points we have also been gifted with strengths.” Being reminded that You made me in Your image helps. A lot.

A balanced view of ourself will help us better understand our shortcomings while giving us greater hope in our potential.” I often lose sight of that balanced view. Thank You that You are ever present to remind me.

Blessed, Holy, Father God, I love You. I don't always lead with that. Thank You that You are willing to wait me out until I can say it honestly. Truthfully. Wholeheartedly. Thank You.

Thank You that today as I come to learn more about what it is to bear Your “image and likeness” (Illustrated Bible Handbook) I am reminded that because of Your inherent love for each of us we get to think, feel, value and choose. Left to my own devices, I will grumble and growl. Thank You that Your power working in me is so much greater than my own self will.

Use me this day to Your good and to Your glory. How I ask for the balanced view of not only my abilities, but of Your desire for me. There's much to be done. Many things to be changed. Guide us in not only the planning, but the execution as well.

I love You Father. Rejoicing is now the realty. Thank You. Amen.

(497 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment