Sunday, February 15, 2015

Your mercies

Sunday, February 15, 2015 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

You amaze me. Every single time I think I have a new thought, You prove to me again that we've been here before.

Father, thank You. I woke up thinking of the word 'desire' and how very much I want to serve You well. Looking at the number of times we've looked at 'desire' together I am again reminded “there is nothing new under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 1:9).

The argumentative part of me wants to counter with, “Ah, but what about Your mercies? They fall fresh everyday!” Even here I must concede, while Your mercies are definitely new each day (Lamentations 3:23) the Truth stating the fact is not.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to look all over Your Bible and be reminded of Your love. Jesus' grace. And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14). Once again I am truly amazed.

So far every verse I have turned to has led me to another. With each added Truth comes another “Amen!” or “Yes!” to my heart.

While my true desire is to serve You, Your Word repeatedly points me back to You. The foot of the cross. Your mercies. Your unfailing love. Your Truth. The hope we have in You. All I desire to share with others.

Keep working in me Blessed Father. Grow me into the loving representative of Yours that You would have me be. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to embolden me with Your strength and power. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(267 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment