Saturday, February 1, 2014

every need

Saturday, February1, 2014 (7:29 a.m.)
Awesome Holy God,

Thank You. You supply our every need. You know exactly what those needs are. Just like right now. I had no idea where I was going with this and “Bam!” [that fast] I'm reading Philippians 4:19.

What a treasure trove of Truth is found in Paul's letter to the believers of Philippi. While writing to thank them for their support of his ministry, he also wanted to encourage them toward finding joy in all things.

Father, thank You that as I turn to Your Word acknowledging Your meeting of my every need, Your Truth continues ringing true. GOD'S WORD Translation tells us quite simply, “My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.”

Other versions express the same Truth more descriptively:

The Message “You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, His generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.”

New International Reader's Version “My God will meet all your needs. He will meet them in keeping with His wonderful riches that come to you because you belong to Christ Jesus.”

New Living Translation “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”

New Century Version “My God will use His wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need.”

Contemporary English Version “I pray that God will take care of all your needs with the wonderful blessings that come from Christ Jesus!”

Father, I love the opportunity of reading Your Word many different ways. Using a variety of words to express the same Truth is exciting for me. Now I ask You to help me apply Your words to this day. You know my needs so much more than I. Continue teaching me to trust You to “liberally supply” (Amplified Bible) my every need.

I love You. I want to serve You well with every aspect of my being. Make that to Your liking. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 11:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment