Sunday, February 16, 2014

for the good of the household

Sunday, Feb 16, 2014 (5:45 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! You allowed me great success yesterday. I had a list of things to accomplish for the good of the household. And it all got done. Conveniently. With time left over for fun.

Father, thank You. Thank You that You have a way of ordering days. Lives. Households. Teach me what it is to truly 'give myself up to the Lord Jesus Christ, take myself out of my own keeping and entrust myself into His keeping' (Amplified Bible Acts 16:31).

A Theology in Brief entitled Belief/Faith in the Illustrated Bible Handbook tell us, “Abraham's faith was not just a response to information but to God personally... Today you and I have that same wonderful privilege given Abraham: to hear the message of promise from God, and to put our trust in Him.”

That is exactly what the Roman jailer did after finding Paul and Silas still in the dungeon and asking them what he must do to be saved (Acts 16:29-30). He believed. Took them home. Washed their wounds. Fed them.

Then they [Paul and Silas] baptized the man and his family. The night ends with Paul and Silas in the jailer's home, sharing a meal together, the whole family rejoicing that they have come to faith in God” (Acts 16:32-34 The Voice).

When I mention “for the good of the household”, Blessed Father God THAT'S what I'm talking about! Make it so Blessed Father! Make it so.

I love You. I long to serve You, as You so rightly desire and deserve to be served. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(277 words ~ 7:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment