Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Help my unbelief"

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 (6:58 a.m.)
Daddy God,

I've practiced saying it. I start out “Holy Father” then remember I want to be closer to You. Closer to believing that I really, truly am Your daughter. How does this happen? How do I come to believe Your Truth?
(8:57 a.m.)

The song I woke up humming isn't letting go. Is there Truth to be found in this Disney Classic? Or is it here only to help me relax enough to believe? Do I consider it as You singing to me or me singing to You? Or am I merely grasping at the proverbial straw?

♫I know You, I walked with You once upon a dream, I know You Do I? I claim to. I want to. I think so. Yet I wonder.

Again, I resemble the father in Mark 9:24. “Immediately the father of the boy cried out, 'I do believe! Help my unbelief.'” Yes Daddy God. Help my unbelief!

I look around here. We have obstacles. Stuff. Situations. Challenges. Faith in Your Son is what is needed to overcome them all. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

This is my prayer Dearest Daddy God. Strengthen us. Help our unbelief! And through it all I “will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and in the act of believing, have real and eternal life in the way He personally revealed it” (John 20:31 The Message).

And this is where I turn back to the song. That song I know I am singing to You because I know I believe YOU to be true!

The gleam in Your eyes is so familiar a gleam, Yet I know it's true, That visions are seldom all they seem, But if I know You, I know what You'll do You'll love me at once The way You did once upon a dream

I don't think this to be nearly as far fetched as I first considered it. I DO know You and Your love are immediate. Intense. Real. Ours for the taking. Help me this day Dearest Daddy. Help my unbelief every single time I forget and start to become overwhelmed by circumstances. You are real. You are true. You are what matters most.

Thank You for reminding me. Thank You for loving me. And thank You most of all for never leaving nor forsaking me (Deuteronomy 31:6,8). Help me live this day as a full fledged daughter of Your blessed Kingdom. Thanks Dad. I love You. Amen.
(423 words ~ 9:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment