Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ALL things

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 (8:35 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

I'm at a loss right now. Don't know what to say. Or how to say it. People are hurting. Fear is eminent. Loss profound. And there's not one iota of which You are unaware.

You are God. You are good. Kind. Merciful. Trustworthy. Faithful. You KNOW the plans You have for us. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). I believe this.

I believe You. I believe that even when we don't understand, especially when it's anything but what we think we want, You know what is best. And You will work ALL things together for Your good (Romans 8:28).

I confess Blessed Father, I have no idea what Your good looks like. I see only through my own earthly eyes. I don't grasp Your greater good. I see pain. Fear. And I see it all through tears of sadness, not joy.

Joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5 promises us this. And I am learning to trust You at Your Word. I pray for friends and loved ones that are hurting Dearest Father. There are uncertainties. Painful anniversaries. Decisions to be made. Cover them all Blessed God. Wrap them each securely in Your powerfully comforting blanket of love.

Tears continue stinging my eyes. Barely falling. Reminding me of the hurt and the fear and the pain of others. Oh how I ask You Father, comfort them. Do for each of them all that I cannot.

I pray “according to Your will” (1John 5:14-15) Blessed Father. Your will. Your Way. Your strength. Your power. Your comfort. Your grace. Your love. And now the tears roll free. Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your good to which ALL things work together. I love You. I don't understand. But I know that You are good. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(326 words ~ 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment